We are a diverse, fully distributed team from around the world, working toward a shared vision to raise the standard of trust online.
Join our team as a Lead, Product Growth, and help people take back their online privacy with DuckDuckGo.
As part of our growing team, you'll be responsible for improving how our products convey value to users, integrate with each other, and are adopted by users. Combining creative and analytical approaches, you'll develop new adoption flows that embody our mission to show the world protecting privacy is simple.
We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work. If you'd thrive in that environment, and our core values resonate with you -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction -- you'll fit right in!
What you will do
- Oversee the vision and roadmap for how millions adopt and use DuckDuckGo’s all-in-one privacy solution throughout the world.
- Define and execute our product adoption funnel strategy, including goal-setting, hypothesis generation, roadmapping, and managing experiment implementation.
- Analyze our most important product flows and combine anonymous data with intuition to identify and prioritize the most impactful experiments that can improve product adoption.
- Lead projects from proposal through postmortem, assessing problems, proposing high-impact solutions, and executing them against a set of success criteria.
- Communicate strategy and progress updates weekly to key stakeholders in the company, your team members, and at our company-wide all hands meeting.
- Execute experiments methodically alongside cross-functional resources from design, front-end, back-end, mobile, and more.
What we are looking for
- Significant prior experience planning and executing strategies to optimize product adoption flows.
- Experience with product management and making intuitive decisions that are considerate of the user experience and produce the largest desirable impact.
- Experience and enthusiasm for managing people.
- Effective project management skills.
- Advanced modeling skills and understanding of statistics.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to explain recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to confidently provide feedback to an array of stakeholders, internal and external.
Annual compensation: $175,333 USD and stock options.
Maintaining satisfaction at work is one of our company objectives, just like maintaining and improving our private search engine. Our Team Member Support Guide explains how we make you our top priority.
For over a decade, we've built a unique culture that helps us continuously improve job satisfaction and productivity. Want to know more? Check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work for an overview of how we collaborate worldwide.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days).
- While this is a full-time job and we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
Hiring works best when it's a two-way street. Learn how we help you get to know DuckDuckGo and envision your future role here. Find out more about how we hire.
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that information submitted is accurate and that you understand falsification is cause for denial of employment or termination.