Hi, we’re DuckDuckGo, the Internet privacy company for everyone who wants to take back their privacy now. For over a decade, we've been building our all-in-one product, developing new privacy technology, and working with policymakers to make online privacy simple and accessible for all.
Our app is now downloaded more than 50M times a year, and our private search engine packaged with it has become the #2 search engine on mobile in the U.S., Canada, Australia and the Netherlands. Oh, and we've been profitable since 2014 with revenue currently exceeding $100 million a year! Now we’re rolling out major new features, such as Email Protection and App Tracking Protection, and we’re also working on a desktop browser version of our app for Windows and macOS.
We’re looking for a Senior Marketing Manager to help shape our all-in-one privacy solution and join our mission to show the world that protecting your privacy online can be simple.
In this role, you will help grow DuckDuckGo into one of the world's most recognized and trusted consumer brands by executing large-scale brand awareness and direct response campaigns. Specifically, you will:
- Own well-defined key marketing goals around increasing awareness and/or driving adoption, drive campaign strategy and execution to achieve those goals.
- Manage, experiment with, and grow a portfolio of large scale advertising channels including display, online video, TV, radio, billboard and more.
- Negotiate and execute large and complex media buys working directly with vendors.
- Contribute to DuckDuckGo's overall marketing strategy, including goal setting, identifying KPIs, planning budget, roadmapping, and more.
- Prove that spend drives measurable and profitable growth through rigorous quantitative analysis.
What You Will Bring to DuckDuckGo
- Around 7 years of experience, with 3+ years leading complex projects in marketing for a dynamic and fast-growing consumer product.
- Proven success significantly growing brand awareness, adoption, or a similar metric.
- Ability to execute highly-complex and ambiguous projects, working across business strategy and marketing tactics.
- Strong analysis skills, including data analysis, modeling, statistics, surveys and more.
- Experimental mindset and proven ability to design impactful and efficient experimental strategies.
- Entrepreneurial attitude; continually questions assumptions and leverage out-of-the-box thinking.
- Ability to seamlessly work across diverse disciplines, including strategy, quantitative analysis, creative, user insights, and more.
- Ability to negotiate complex and unconventional advertising deals. Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
How We Will Support You
Our core values -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction -- underpin how we work day-to-day and the support we give our team members. We strive to empower our team members to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work.
Remote First, Always: We've always been a fully distributed company with team members all over the world. We trust you to get your work done wherever, whenever.
Commitment to Personal Growth: Every team member has an annual budget of $1,250 USD to invest in their professional development. Every team member also has a dedicated Career Advisor, who serves as a guide to help you develop your strengths, identify your motivations, and understand your opportunities for growth.
Leadership: We have many different types of leaders and possible combinations of leadership roles, so you can grow your career in a way that aligns best with your personal goals. You can seek additional leadership roles by being directly responsible for projects, taking ownership of areas of the company, developing and maintaining internal processes, or pursuing advisory roles.
Work/Life Balance: Team members have the freedom and flexibility to organize their own work schedules. We want you to thrive both in and out of the office. We trust you to use good judgment and take the time off that you need to bring your best self to work.
We also offer paid parental leave, a co-working stipend, office setup reimbursement, and a wellness stipend. More support resources can be found in our, Team Member Support Guide, which explains how we make your well-being a priority.
For more information on how we collaborate worldwide, from leadership in our relatively flat organization to start-to-finish ownership, check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work.
Annual compensation: $160,000 USD and stock options.
Hiring works best when it's a two-way street. Learn how we help you get to know DuckDuckGo and envision your future role here. Find out more about how we hire.
Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants, and it prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
We want to ensure that our hiring process is accessible. If you need reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process because of a medical condition or disability, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know the nature of your request.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.
Please note that:
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each around 4-5 days). While these plans were halted due to the COVID-19 pandemic, we plan to recommence all company meetups in 2022.
- While we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average full-time commitment of 40 hours per week.
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check and must receive satisfactory results of the same, as a condition of joining the team.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that all information submitted is accurate and complete. You further acknowledge that providing false or fraudulent information during the application process is cause for denial of an offer, revocation of any existing offer, or other adverse action, up to and including termination after the start of your commencement of work.