We are a diverse, fully distributed team from around the world, working toward a shared vision to raise the standard of trust online.
Join our team as a remote Senior Product Designer and help shape the DuckDuckGo user experience across our all-in-one privacy product and more.
As part of our growing team, you will collaborate with team members at all levels to identify and solve problems across our current product offering, as well as helping to pioneer new solutions as we build out the privacy layer for the Internet. You will be involved in the entire design process, from ideation to execution, and have a voice in all product decisions, big and small.
We empower our team to be self-directed and self-motivated in their work. If you'd thrive in that environment, and our core values resonate with you -- build trust, question assumptions, and validate direction -- you'll fit right in!
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Lead projects from proposal through postmortem, assessing vague problems, proposing high impact solutions, and executing them against a set of success criteria.
- Practice hands-on leadership, by creating pixel perfect mockups, flows, and prototypes.
- Champion the future of our products by keeping the team informed of the latest industry trends.
- Solve challenging design problems in a creative and visually impactful way.
- Collaborate with engineers to ship exceptional user experiences.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create impactful work informed by data and user feedback.
- Actively participate in maintaining a strong design culture with an openness to educate others.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 6+ years of product design experience with a minimum of 2+ years designing consumer-facing products.
- A proven track record designing customer facing products like websites and apps, as demonstrated in your portfolio.
- Strong attention to craft and and ability to communicate visual and interaction recommendations with high quality mockups and prototypes that will end up directly in the hands of users.
- Strong aesthetic sensibility with acute attention to detail.
- Prior experience participating in multiple areas of the product process, e.g. user testing, producing mockups.
- Ability to carry ideas forward with confidence and discretion while working proactively, independently and transparently.
- Expertise working with and evolving design systems across products.
- Proficiency with leveraging both qualitative and quantitative data in making design decisions.
Annual compensation: $144,000 USD and stock options.
Maintaining satisfaction at work is one of our company objectives, just like maintaining and improving our private search engine. Our Team Member Support Guide explains how we make you our top priority.
For over a decade, we've built a unique culture that helps us continuously improve job satisfaction and productivity. Want to know more? Check out DuckDuckGo Culture: How We Work for an overview of how we collaborate worldwide.
OTHER THINGS TO KNOW
- Sometimes we meet up! Expect to travel at least two times a year: once for our all-hands meetup and again for a team retreat (each ~4-5 days).
- While this is a full-time job and we offer a flexible work arrangement with no core hours, expect an average commitment of 40 hours per week.
Hiring works best when it's a two-way street. Learn how we help you get to know DuckDuckGo and envision your future role here. Find out more about how we hire.
DuckDuckGo provides equal work opportunities to all team members and applicants and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you think you might thrive in this environment, we would love to hear from you.
PLEASE NOTE THAT
- A successful candidate will be subject to a background check.
- By applying for this role, you confirm that information submitted is accurate and that you understand falsification is cause for denial of employment or termination.